"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me."

Saturday, January 29, 2011

26 and Aging.

Mitchell is 26 yrs old! Hooray for Mitch! I will admit, I was stumped on what to do for his birthday this year. I feel like he always does extraordinary well on his gifts for me and mine are always a fail. We decided part of his birthday would be a mountain bike that we want to get him in a few months so I was not going to get him a tangible present.
He had to work on his birthday so I put his card and some jerky in his white coat pocket for him to have in the morning. In his top pocket I put a list of 26 reasons I love him, and in the fridge a can of mango juice (his fav) was waiting for him. While he was gone I made brownies and cinamin swirl cake with cheesecake frosting to have when our friends came over to play games. Then I attempted to make his favorite meal: feijoada.


Feijoada is a brazilian dish that consists of black beans, garlic and different meats and rice. Legit brazilian feijoada has all the unwanted parts of pigs and such because it was originally meals that slaves in brazil would make from scraps of leftover animal meat. Too much history. Sorry.
Anyways, I made it with sausage and bacon and let it cook in the crockpot while I went to church. It turned out delicious, not exactly like the brazilian restaurants but it was great! After dinner our friends came up to our apt and we played games and sang happy birthday to Mitch and Logan(he turned 26 soon after mitch!).



Mitch got somewhat of a birthWEEK because on Tuesday we went to The Lion King ( where the creativity with costumes rocked my world. I LOVE GIRAFFES!), and then Thursday we went to Chama's Steakhouse, a brazilian restaurant at Bright Leaf Square in downtown Durham. It was absolutely amazing. Their feijoada blew mine out of the water! we had fried bananas in cin-sugar and delicious steak and a free slice of Dulce de Leche cheesecale for his birthday. I had a great time celebrating Mitch's birthday! I hope he did too! ;) Happy Birthday one more time hon! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Trevor turned 26 in October too, aren't they old?! Ha ha! I feel like a little kid sometimes :) MISS YOU! You're a great wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Happy late Birthday Mitchell! This is really random Maile, but I wanted to say hi I wish I could have met you, I'm an old friend of your husbands I'm so glad he found you Maile. You guys are perfect for eachother :)

    ReplyDelete