"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me."

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Need of Being Versed..... in Fractions

Alright. I will admit it. I am a failure when it comes to fractions. Simple math KILLS me every time! I was the person constantly thinking how uselss it will be in REAL life. Well my friends, that just bit me in the butt.
Mitch has been doing the night shift for Labor and Delivery the past two night and his hair has been in need of a haircut for about two weeks. Whenever I cut his hair it takes at least TWO whole hours. Sad I know! Anyways, today I came home from work thinking I would let Mitch sleep until he needed to go to the hospital around 5:30. He wakes up and asks if I can cut his hair before work. The time is now 4:20. I though it would be a great way to ease me into faster haircuts. So I said yes!
The haircut was going great and I was making impecable time, when I have him look at it in the mirror to see what else he wants done. He asks if their is a shelf in the back and I reply yes a little one but I can easily fix it. I remember his mom saying something about putting the smallest cutter on the clippersto go over the shelf looking part. So I look at the fractions trying to figure out which would be perfect for fixing the shelf. I said a comment about the fractions and Mitch made fun of me so I decided to not ask again. I decided to use the 1/8 inch clipper thing (thinking that 1/8 of an inch would be what was getting cut off, not that that is how close of a shave I was giving his head). As soon as it made the first cut I shut it off and yelled "I ruined it!" I proceeded to sit on the floor and tear off the "1/8 inch" clipper from the shaver and began to cry. No worries it was just a few tears and it was because I felt bad. I cry. Welcome to my life.
Mitch just began laughing at me so then I was laughing/crying about his hair. I tried to fix it, but there was no fixing this. He left a few hours ago to go to work and we will attempt fixing it in two weeks or so when it has grown back. And this is a REAL life example of how understanding fractions and hair clippers is important. Here are some photos of Mitchells new haircut:
I thought that maybe if I took the photo at a different angle, it might not look so bad so i could show Mitch a decent shot... didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment