"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me."

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First Week of Summer!

My posts have definitely slowed for a while... blame UNC. However, last week was my first week of summer and it began a very great opportunity for laziness. I had my last final on May 3rd, and the Summer session at The Little Gym doesn't begin until June 11th. This means I have a few weeks of working my school-work schedule, which is two days a week, WITHOUT the school!! I have been loving summer so far! Sleeping in has been a delight and now, a week after school ended I am finally getting a little bored. Last week was a great first week of summer though! We started the summer off right with a trip to the beach with our good friends, the Erdmann's and Tandberg's. It was a blast, and the perfect weather was ideal for their little ones to spend a day in the water.
I was finally able to provide home cooked meals for Mitch (trust me it has been way too long! Poor guy.) We enjoyed pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, 7-layered tostadas, and our favorite black bean and rice casserole! We also went strawberry picking at a local farm, and I made my first attempt of strawberry freezer jam! Pretty much summer so far is fantastic!
I have also started exercising again, which has been a long time coming!! On my run today I actually got lost... so that is going well. Good times ahead!!

1 comment: