"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me."

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Little Things

Growing up a half hour away from the beautiful Rocky Mountains I figured that mountain biking, uphill rocky hiking, and camping in high altitudes were a blessing to everyone. I learned to take it for granted and did not always hike with my dad when I should have. But I will not make the same mistake twice.

Now, living only two hours away from the Atlantic Ocean, with endless amounts of opportunities to boogie board, fish (added in for the sake of my dreamer of a husband), and lay on one of the many edges of our continent, I WILL NOT take the ocean being so close for granted. I miss my mountains in Utah. Which gives me all the more reason to sunbathe on the Carolina Beaches while I am here. My family made our second trip to the beach together last weekend and loved every minute.

When I say "my family" I mean of course my husband.... but then this past weekend I include the medical student families in those two words as well. We spent the day with two adorable kids and a few of Mitch's classmates and their wives who have become my friends here :). We bought boogie boards on the drive down and throughout the day I learned to succeed at the sport somewhat... while Mitchell "attempted" to do the same. (Love you babe :))

After a day of laying on the beach and dissecting jelly fish we drove to a campsite with Logan and Christine. We then pitched our brand new tent for the first time, roasted marshmallows and had a great nights sleep on our yoga mats we purchased for the sake of camping, while Logan and Christine slept horribly and woke up hours before us. All in all it was a success of a camping trip with our visit to some Venus Fly Traps and other carnivorous plants later that morning, and a DELICIOUS breakfast from my personal fave, Chick-fil-A. Which sadly I had to look up how to spell. It was a great end to the weekend.

On a side note I now have two jobs and start training for both next week!! I enjoyed my last week of boredom/free time to watch Lost and am looking forward to being somewhat as busy as my husband :)YAY for busyness!

4 comments:

  1. POST MORE OFTEN! Geez, ha.

    Sounds like you're having a ba-last out there, which is good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know!! I am not a huge blogger yet... I never know what to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so much fun! What a great experience - and way to be! I like your "not taking it for granted" attitude! In a few years you will look back after you have two kids and thing - WHERE DID ALL THAT TIME GO?!

    Did you get that job teaching kids??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know we are tryin to take advantage of it! And yes I got the job! They called you didn't they... haha they took hiring very seriously! Thanks for helping!

    ReplyDelete