"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me."

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Married Life Thus far...



Wow... Married Life :). To sum it up, married life is pretty much bom.com. Seriously lovin it! Granted we have only been married 12 days, but no complaints so far! To explain marriage in a simple way, it is like playing house with your best friend all day, every day, and don't say you have no idea what that's like because we have all been there. Even boys. And yes, you liked it. ;)

When we arrived in North Carolina, Mitchell carried me through the threshhold of our third floor apartment in Durham, to the living room. Which consisted of a card table, a camp chair, and an ironing board. We are living the life I tell you what! ;) We purchased a couch the other day though, and are going to pick it up tomorrow, and we are in the market for a washer and dryer on craigslist... fun stuff. Seriously though, this is a very fun part of life we are going through, being happy with nothing is a great sign for our marriage I think!

Among other things, my parents ended their trek across the country in a moving van, towing my car yesterday! So tonight my husband (love sayin that!) and I will enjoy sleeping in a queen bed rather than the curry/smoke smelling, twin mattress that we have lived on the past few days! Marriage is really an adventure... but one dang good one.

I just want to say thank you to my husband for the amazing honeymoon trip he planned for us, and for the beautiful, safe, clean apartment he found. He really is my best friend and I feel so lucky I found him. Love you babe!

And to everyone else.... I'll let ya know when things get rough here in the beautiful Carolinas! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This post made me smile! I'm so glad you're happy and loving life, you seriously deserve it! Keep us posted for sure :)

    ReplyDelete